Juris North Roundtables
Title: Global Justice Nation
New Modernity: Thinking globally, acting locally
To agree on guidelines in order to audit how acceptable or questionable the law and policy are in relation to a specific thematic area.
National legal and political orders around the world.
- Gender: Lead by Dr Kay Lalor (UK) and Dr Natalina Stamile (Italy)
- Human Dignity (law, morality and religion):
Lead by Dr Wei Feng (China) and Dr Jorge E. Núñez (Latin America and UK)
- Poverty, Sovereignty and Economic Rights:
Lead by Dr Dina A. Hadad (Kuwait) and Dr Clarice Seixas Duarte (Brazil)
- Children and differently abled people: Lead by Dr Jorge E. Núñez
- Climate change: Lead by Dr Danielle Denny (Brazil)
Participants: ideally, multi-disciplinary and inclusive (academics, policy-makers, people at large from different states, religions, genders, ethnicities, etc.).
Format: Zoom, private sessions. We won’t be streaming the sessions live or making them public.
Dates/Times: 10 Wednesdays, every two weeks, at 3pm-5pm (BST), starting on Wednesday 20th May.
If you’re interested in sending an abstract for consideration (Juris North monthly discussions starting in September) or taking part in our roundtables (starting on 20th May) please send your email to email@example.com
Our MeetUp page:
Dr Jorge Emilio Núñez